Frontier Research is an independent research and advisory group formed to bridge the gap between fundamental research and commercial products. We build upon our expertise in MEV and blockchains to pull the future of crypto into reality.
The Faith Builder (f1b.io) is a high performance block builder developed in collaboration with Frontier Research. The team behind the Faith Builder provides optimization and simulation services at every level of the Transaction Supply Chain. This includes what many refer to as “solving”, “routing”, “sequencing”, and “block building”.
As a Performance Software Engineer, your immediate responsibilities will be to work on and improve the performance of the Faith Builder (f1b.io). You will work on implementing new features and merging algorithms, optimizing the latency along all the transaction/block lifecycle, and analysing and connecting to new sources of orderflow. Future responsibilities may span across the various transaction supply chain products we experiment with.
We offer a rare opportunity to use your technical skills in a highly competitive environment while collaborating with some of the most experienced teams in the industry of MEV. If you're looking for a challenging and fulfilling role that combines tech, product, and MEV within the crypto universe, we'd love to hear from you.
London, UK - We offer a hybrid work structure with the ability to work a combination of in-office and remotely. We strive for teammates to spend 3-4 days per week in the office to foster a highly collaborative work environment.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain products servicing the transaction supply chain on Ethereum and other networks
- Write high-quality, efficient, and well-tested code for new products with an MEV focus
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements, implement features, and ensure seamless integration
- Participate in the product development process launch, working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers
- Support the team in troubleshooting and resolving product-related issues and technical challenges
- At least 3 years of backend engineering experience
- Expertise in Go (Golang) and/or Rust programming language, with experience in building and maintaining complex software systems
- Experience maintaining backend software at scale, across multiple cloud services and geographic locations
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to translate product requirements into efficient and maintainable code
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating effectively with both technical and less-technical stakeholders
- Crypto-curious about blockchain and decentralised technology, committed to driving innovation and adoption
- Experience in the MEV space
- Experience developing ethereum client software (geth, reth, erigon)
- Previous experience in trading
- Previous experience in a startup or fast-growing technology company
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work structure
- Regular team off-sites (2-3 per year)
- Small high-performance team with no corporate bureaucracy
We don't discriminate based on race, nationality, gender identity, age, disability, or religion. If you think you have what it takes to excel in this role, get in touch.