Frontier Research is an independent research, advisory, and product development group formed to bridge the gap between fundamental research and commercial products. We build upon our expertise in MEV and blockchains to pull the future of crypto into reality.
The Alfred team is building a gateway into the DeFi world, revolutionizing human-tech interaction with AI and large language models. Alfred aims to simplify DeFi by interpreting complex desires into on-chain actions and offers seamless token swapping on Ethereum through Telegram. Alfred prioritizes user experience, security, and community.
The “Liquidity Layer” team is developing a non-custodial wallet backend and multi-chain liquidity layer to offer users a native, chain-abstracted experience. This product aims to reduce the complexity of a multi-chain world to onboard the next billion users to crypto.
We are looking for a highly experienced Business Development and Research professional responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing strategic partnerships and conducting thorough market research to inform business decisions. This role requires high motivation and efficiency with a combination of business acumen, relationship-building skills, and a deep understanding of the crypto and blockchain ecosystem. You will work on various efforts within Frontier, including Alfred and the Liquidity Layer.
In Alfred, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the Telegram bot through identifying, reaching out to, closing, and maintaining relationships with potential partners in the DeFi/BotFi/sniping/wallet/community/token launch space. You must be familiar with and comfortable with the Degen side of the crypto industry.
On the Liquidity Layer team, you will work in a similar function yet with a very different target base focusing on the infrastructure and transaction supply chain side of the Ethereum and L2 space.
You must be experienced in doing research and collecting and analyzing data to make well-informed decisions.
London, UK - We are a hybrid team with a preference for in-office work. We strive for teammates to spend 4 days weekly in the office to foster a highly collaborative work environment. However, we allow some flexibility when needed or beneficial (i.e. working remotely for periods here or there). Some travel will be needed for conferences, events, etc, as part of this role.
What you will do
- Identify new partners and deepen relationships with existing partners: Research and target potential partners, build and maintain strong relationships, and develop strategies to expand our product adoption.
- Negotiate partnership structures: Collaborate with partners to define scope, deliverables, timelines, and the shape of relationships to ensure mutual benefit and success.
- Research and Analysis: Use a Research and data-driven approach to identify high-value partners and make effective prioritization decisions. You will need a high level of technical understanding of the Ethereum space to be effective in this role
- Structure BD activities: Develop and maintain the structure for business development activities to ensure the internal transparency and efficiency of BD efforts.
- Keep track of multiple projects: Monitor and track the progress of all projects, providing regular updates to stakeholders and ensuring alignment with overall organisational goals.
- Revenue Generation: Identify and pursue revenue-generating opportunities, such as revenue share opportunities, product monetization, and other business models. Develop and implement strategies to maximise revenue streams from existing and new partnerships.
- Hosting events: Organise and host events, such as workshops, seminars, and conferences, to promote our organisation and facilitate knowledge sharing among partners, researchers, and other stakeholders.
- Help structure our internal knowledge base and CRM: Collaborate with team members to organize and maintain an internal knowledge repository that facilitates easy access to information and encourages knowledge sharing across the organisation.
- Strong crypto passion, knowledge, and professional network.
- Understanding of the Ethereum landscape, including the transaction supply chain, DeFi/BotFi, L2s, MEV, and token sniping
- Proven track record in project management and client/partner relationship management.
- Able to move fast and grind.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in BD, research, advisory, consulting, VC, or a related field
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, economics, finance, or a related discipline).
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience managing external communication of research findings.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Degen at heart
- Experience in software engineering or product management
- Existing network in the blockchain/crypto industry
- Experience in hosting events
- Experience in the MEV space
- Previous experience in a startup or fast-growing technology company
- Generous equity allocation
- Small high-performance team with no corporate bureaucracy
- Semi-regular team off-sites (1-2 per year)
- Work with some of the most experienced and reputable people/teams in crypto
Join us if you're ready to revolutionize DeFi & BotFi. We're backed by a seasoned team seeking motivated, resourceful individuals. Not for the laid-back; this is for go-getters eager to impact! Compensation is structured to provide significant upside potential.
We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, gender identity, age, disability, or religion. If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, get in touch for a chat.
Apply: Send resume + cover letter to email@example.com